In addition to Tuesday, June 22 from 6-9pm, we will also be holding auditions on Wednesday, June 23 from 12-3pm. Information is posted below:
Borroel Entertainment will be holding auditions for two twenty minute short films on Tuesday, June 22 from 6-9pm at the Cosumnes River College Black Box Theatre (address at bottom). Both of these films will be entered for submission into larger film festivals outside the Sacramento area (Sundance, Telluride, Austin Film Festival, etc.). There will be no compensation, but meals will be provided and has the potential for great exposure for talent in larger markets. Filming will be done on weekends in July and August.
"Before the Beginning" – Psychological thriller and character driven drama
Screenplay is the winner of the "Lew Hunter California Screenplay Challenge" in the Short Script Category as part of the 2010 Sacramento International Film Festival.
Looking for 2 characters (no film experience okay):
1. Anna – 20s to early 30s. Looking for strong, dramatic actress. Crying on cue a plus.
2. Tom – 30s to 40s. Serial killer. Crying on cue a plus.
Actors will be asked to read a few pages from the script. Time will be available before auditions to prepare.
"Patriots" (working title) – Iraq war film
Forced to question everything they once knew, each soldier has to determine what is right and wrong before pulling the trigger.
Looking for 6 speaking roles and 3 extras:
1. Lieutenant John Mill – Late 20s
2. Corporal Kyle Hall – Early 20s
3. Private James Henry – Early 20s
4. Private Diaz – Early 20s
The following roles are Middle Eastern characters. though actors need not be, just able to pass for someone of Middle Eastern decent.
5. Iraqi Sniper – mid 20s (Ability to speak Arabic a major plus)
6. Young Iraqi Insurgent – 18 to 22 year old male (Ability to speak Arabic a major plus)
7. Iraqi Insurgents – Extras ages 18-24. Need only to be fair to dark skinned as your faces will remain covered for the duration of the film.
Actors should be physically prepared for the film, which requires running and intense action sequences, sometimes performed outdoors in full army or insurgent costumes.
Actors are asked to prepare a monologue that you feel best exemplifies your skills and range as an actor, after which you may be asked to read from the script.
If you would like more information about either film or are interested in auditioning, please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see our past work, please visit http://www.vimeo.com/6657702
Cosumnes River College Black Box Theatre
8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento, CA 95823
Theatre is located directly in front of Parking Lot A on the West Side of the Campus