Dog In The Mirror Productions is looking for quality scripts (one feature-length and one short) to direct, produce, and film in Sacramento/Placer County. Dog In The Mirror Productions is an independent production company focused on creating creative products for the film, music, and entertainment industries. Although we have produced mostly short films and corporate/industrial films and have created an assortment of educational, corporate, and faith-based films, our primary focus is short and full-length theatrical films for festival and commercial release. We have over 25 years of artistic and technical experience on our production team. Additionally, Dog in the Mirror Productions Director is an Apple Certified Trainer in Editing, Motion Graphics, and DVD Authoring, and has been in the Entertainment Industry for more than 25 years (including theatre, film, and television) and spent almost 5 years working with the Walt Disney company.
What we are looking for:For Feature Length:
- $50,000 production budget
- To be entered into the Sundance Film Festival For the Short:
- $10,000 or less production budget
- 10-15 minutes long
- To be filmed using college students then entered into film festivalsFor Both:
- With current funds, the writer will not be paid up-front for the script, but everyone involved (i.e. cast, writer, crew, etc.) will receive credit and be paid through royalties after the film has been made and makes money.
- We have access to film equipment, talent, and crew in addition to allotted production budget.
- To be filmed in Sacramento/Placer Counties, CA
- Strong character-driven story of hope and redemption with a moral message/positive values and a "good triumphs over evil" sort of message that will have the viewer come away changed. Although we are looking for more of a "family-fare" film, it doesn't mean it can't be a little dark or has to be a "goody-two-shoe" movie.
- No more than a PG-13 rating. If it is R, there must be a good reason for it (like “The Passion”)
- Think: “Saints and Soldiers”, “End of the Spear”, “Bella”, “Amazing Grace”, “Facing the Giants”, “Green Mile”, and 2009 Sundance Film Festival’s “Push” (also known as “Precious”)
- drama (a little bit of comedy or romance is okay but not necessary)
Please email the script in PDF format along with your one sheet (which is your contact info with logline and a brief three or so sentence synopsis) and if it is something that might work for our film, I will contact you.
Dog In The Mirror Productions